Sunday, February 9, 2014

Week 3 Blocks

Well as hot as it has been here I have completed my week 3 of the "Quilt Along" (Delightful Stars). Looking at all the other blocks being done by others on the group, well what can I say, they just all look amazing. Their are just so many talented quilters out there, I feel like I have still got so much to learn. When you see all the different colour versions also I can't help but think goodness I wish I had of thought of that colourway, but of course we can't make all of them, could we? Nah that's just silly, but I tell you what I sure would like to give it a try sometimes. Does that make me crazy. Anyway here are my 3 versions of this weeks block (yes only 3).
I call this one my practice block as I have of a lot of Christmas fabric's that I want to use up and it's a way of also making a Christmas quilt providing the blocks turn out alright if they don't turn out as good as I would like then I will make Christmas table runners or something out of the blocks I do like.
This is the one I refer to as my scrappy quilt which is the original quilt I started to make. I don't know that I should really be calling it a scrappy quilt as I bought all the fabric's to make it with, I'm not relying on using up my scrap fabric's. I really love the fabrics I did buy and I hope I can do them all justice when the quilt is finished (a long way to go yet).
So this is my favorite version of this quilt. I had a lot of Batik fat quarters that I have been holding onto for the just the right quilt and I even had the black background fabric ready to go with them and after I had made my second block with the Christmas and scrappy fabric's I thought well I think this just may be the right quilt to work with my beautiful Batiks so I played catchup with the first 2 blocks and now I have ended up making 3 versions of this quilt which in case I haven't already told you is a Queen size. I don't know but I think I might be just a little bit crazy especially as this is a Block of the WEEK. It's not to late to join this group if you are liking what you have seen of my blocks so far. I promise you would have a lot of fun on this group, we are from all over the world but we chat and joke around and someone is always ready to give assistance if help is required, it's like we all live in the same neighborhood and meet at our Local Quilt Shop. It's fabulous. If you wish to join go to the Quilting Gallery and look for Delightful Stars by Michele Foster, she is an excellent teacher. Well I think that enough from me for today, I will be back next week if not sooner. Happy Sewing and I hope it's comfortable weather where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment