Saturday, February 1, 2014

Quilt Along Block #2

Well it is hard to believe that we are now in the second month of the year "February". Can't say I'm looking forward to going through this month as it is usually our hottest month for our summer even though it is the last month of our summer (Yay). We have had an extremely hot January so I really do dread what this month has in store for us. I can't help but feel sorry for our friends overseas who seem to be having as cold a winter as we are having a hot summer. Go figure. Mother Nature give us a break. Anyway enough of my ranting and raving, whatever the weather it's always good weather to sit and sew, agreed? To be truthful it really doesn't matter to me what the weather is like outside as long as I'm happy and comfortable inside happily sewing away, I'm sure that's how most of us quilters feel. As I have told you previously I am doing the "Quilting Gallery" Quilt A Long with Michele Foster again this year and we are so far up to Block #2. I started off with working on one of these quilts as well as making a Christmas block as a practice block but as I am a glutton for punishment I have now decided to do a total of 3 quilts, besides the Christmas quilt I'm also doing a scrappy but over the last couple of days I have been thinking of also doing this quilt with my beloved Batik fabric's so needless to say this will be my 3rd Quilt of this Quilt A Long. I value any comments you may have on any of the blocks. This is the 2nd block of the scrappy Quilt.
The is the 2nd Christmas Block.
These 2 Blocks are the 1st and 2nd Block of the Batik Quilt which I think out of the 3 versions of this quilt is definitely going to be my favorite. i just love the beautiful colors that can be found in the Batik fabric's. I hope the Blocks I have shown you are appreciated as "eye candy". If you haven't joined in this Quilt Along, come along and join, I promise you won't be sorry. Happy Sewing everyone, stay cool or warm whatever the need may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment