Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014 is Going to be a Good, Good year

It has been a long time since I last posted anything on here but hopefully now I may be able to keep in touch with you all a bit more often and keep you updated with projects I am working on as well as projects I have worked on since my last post. I LOVE doing my quilts with the occasional other project thrown in, I have been quilting now for I think about 12 years (It doesn't seem that long, but how time flies when your having fun) and yes I do have a lot of fun making my quilts. One of my Son's said to me awhile ago "Mum, what are you going to do with all these quilts?" and the answer is I don't know. I put so much love into my quilts that they are like my children and I can't give them to just anyone, I need to know that they are going to look after them just as any mother would if she was leaving her children with someone. I have to know that they will be looked after and loved as much as I love them. I thought I would share a few of the quilts that I have made over last year with you, I hope you enjoy them. The three quilts that you can see all look the same pattern, well yes they are, just made in different colorways. I made these quilts in the last half of last year in A Quilt Along with Michele Foster, and seeing all the lovely quilts all the other girls were make I wanted to make them all (as you do, right?). I have quilted the Red/Black/grey quilt and given it to someone special and he was very excited to receive it, and this particular quilt was one I made at the last minute the other 2 I made them together all through the quilt along. By the way, we are about to start another Quilt Along with Michele so if you want to learn a lot of new techniques and have lots of fun as well come along to the Quilting Gallery and join up, I promise you, you will have a lot of fun with all the girls in the group. Just thought you might like to see our baby calves and their Mums, aren't they cute. Well it's bedtime for me. Until next time have a lot of happy hours sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment