Monday, October 18, 2010

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler


Hello all, I know it's been a long time since I have posted anything on my blog but I have had health issues to deal with and haven't been up to the task of putting words into print but I'm here now so look out.

In October, 2009 I start the journey of making "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" and I am extremely happy to say that my journey came to an end in September, 2010. I have enjoyed making this quilt so much that it has made me realize that I love making sampler quilts. So I guess it has sent me down a different pathway with my quilting.

With my illness that I referred to in the beginning, I have trouble with remembering, concentration and along with that I have Chronic Fatigue so I need to have something that is going to challenge my brain and that is exactly what sampler quilts do for me. The way I look at it is that every time I start a new block it's like starting a new quilt because it is not repetitive. If i have to make the same block over and over I become very tired and bored and needless to say it just gets put to the side and then you have another WIP. I call it a WIP and not a UFO because I do go back to these projects every now and then and work on them a bit more, it just takes me a long time. I'm sure you can all identify with that.

Anyway I'm off on another journey now or may I should say a few journey's. I have just start with Dear Jane, Dear Hannah, Quilted Diamonds 1 and 2 and maybe also Nearly Insane (which I think I am anyway) no you don't have to agree with me just support me.

I have posted a picture of Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, please leave me any comments on it, whether it be good or bad because that's how we all learn with the honest truth.

I hope you all have a great day, and take care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment